- Money on Books provides safe and secure deposits by using either Access Money, JPay, TouchPay, or USPS Money Orders.
- Money on Books delivers to correctional facilities via in-person, by mail, or electronically (24 to 72 hours after the debt/credit card transaction has processed and cleared).
- Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm PST, excluding holidays and weekends.
- A $10.00 fee will be subtracted from your deposit for Money on Books’ Support Services.
Your deposit will be HELD in an irrevocable trust account until Money on Books receives a letter from the inmate.
An IRREVOCABLE TRUST ACCOUNT grants the trustee (Money on Books) with the power to make discretionary distributions on behalf of the grantor (Inmate).
*** This is a convenient way for the inmate to have more options with their deposited funds. For example, buying books, magazines, gift cards, gift baskets, canteen, etc…
- Once the debit/credit card transaction been approved, the funds then belongs to the inmate.
- MOB will immediately mail a confirmation letter & registration form to the inmate.
- The letter will inform him/her of the dollar amount.
- The registration form must be mailed to MOB, in order for the inmate to have access to their funds.
- Only the inmate can request a refund (by mail).
Correctional Facility Deposit
Funds will be DEPOSITED at the inmate’s place of incarceration.
- Deposits are processed, and funds are delivered to the correctional facilities in 24 to 72 hours (excluding holidays and weekends).
*** The correctional institution may take additional time in posting the deposited funds. Money on Books is not responsible for any delays caused by the correctional institution’s process and/or procedures.
- MOB will immediately mail a confirmation letter to the inmate.
- If the inmate is Out of Custody, a refund can be requested (by mail) by the card owner only.
If you would like to make a deposit using a cashier check or institutional check see this page: Check Deposits
- The inmate MUST establish a MOB – TRUST ACCOUNT by completing the “Registration Form.”
- Only inmates can establish a MOB – TRUST ACCOUNT.
- Family and friends can make deposits into the inmate’s MOB – TRUST ACCOUNT once an inmate is registered.
- Check online under “Registered Inmates” for your loved one’s registration number or request it from your loved one.